We're glad to report that the new update containing three new war machines are out. The first one of them is Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.G German medium tank for Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka project. It was one of the most commonly used German tanks and had an interesting mix of powerful weaponry and lacking armor, making its use in the sim somewhat peculiar. It also had an interesting feature - autonomous turret traverse mechanism powered by a dedicated petrol motor.
The second one is the WWI RAF fighter bomber Bristol Fighter F.2B for Flying Circus - Volume 1 project. This airplane had good flight characteristics among the two-seaters, various armament and could perform a wide selection of tasks. Two modifications of this aircraft are included - with Falcon II and Falcon III engines.
And the third one is another Flying Circus - Volume 1 aircraft - German WWI ground attack plane Halberstadt CL.II. This multifunctional machine had good defensive turret equipped with one or two Parabellum LMG 14 machine guns fed by large-capacity magazines. Halberstadt could have one or two forward-firing MGs and carry 12 kg and 50 kg bombs, camera for aerial recon and radio for aerial spotting.
In addition to them, the update includes exterior textures in 4K quality for Bf 109 G-14 and Fw 190 A-3. There are also several important improvements in the full list of changes:
- PzKpfw.IV Ausf.G is available to Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka owners;
- Halberstadt CL.II (Mercedes D.IIIa (180 h.p.) and Mercedes D.IIIau (200 h.p.) modifications) is available to Flying Circus - volume 1 owners;
- Bristol Fighter F2.B (Falcon II (255 h.p.) и Falcon III (285 h.p.) modifications) is available to Flying Circus - volume 1 owners;
- Bf 109 G-14 has 4K exterior texturing made by Martin =ICDP= Catney;
- Fw 190 A-3 has 4K exterior texturing made by Martin =ICDP= Catney;
- User interface checkbox that disallows other players to occupy one of the stations of your tank in multiplayer works now;
- Main tank gunfire sound won't be skipped while shooting at a maximum rate of fire;
- Tank traverse systems on player controllable tanks can be damaged now;
- Switching between main and backup gunsights on player controllable tanks happens correctly;
- Chalk slopes on the Prokhorovka map won't visibly appear and disappear;
- Forests on the Prokhorovka map won't visibly blink;
- Looking at an aircraft mirror at certain view angles won't cause a severe performance drop that was noticeable at high visibility distance settings on low- and middle-end video cards;
- Destroyed ground vehicles on the GUI map are semi-transparent;
- Engine throttle control helper logic has been updated (previously it could limit the available engine power at high altitudes);
- S.E.5, Sopwith Camel and Sopwith Dolphin ailerons buffeting amplitudes at higher flight speeds have been corrected.